Delegate Functionality in RMS
Original Effective Date 08/2018
Allows for a delegate to be able to access and enter data for an individual’s disclosures:
- Financial Disclosure Statements (FDS)
- Research Disclosure Forms (RDF)
- Travel Disclosures (only applicable to investigators involved in projects supported by entities adhering to PHS regulations such as NIH or AHA)
- Expert Witness Disclosures (applicable to physicians and health professionals only)
- Adding, Editing, or Removing a Delegate Quick Guide
- Accessing the COI Module as a Delegate Quick Guide
- Submit their own (thereby certifying) Financial Disclosure Statements (FDS) and Research Disclosure Forms (RDF)
- Retain full responsibility and accountability for all information entered and submitted in the disclosure forms.
- Individually authorize delegates to enter information on their behalf
- Maintain the accuracy of the delegate list as this is not automatically updated if the delegate leaves the department or university.
- Must NOT:
- Authorize delegates to submit the Financial Disclosure Statement or Research Disclosure Forms on his/her behalf.
- Allowed to:
- Access authorized accounts through the COI Portal.
- Enter information in all disclosures (financial, research, and travel).
- Submit only travel or expert witness disclosures on behalf of a delegator.
- View the last submitted financial and research disclosure, the last 12 months of reported travel, and the last 36 months of reported expert witness disclosures.
- NOT Allowed to:
- Submit the Financial or Research disclosures (FDS/RDF) on behalf of delegators (these forms must be certified by the individual)
- Complete “action items” on behalf of delegators, such as accepting management plans.
Non-Adherence to Procedures
- For accidental FDS/RDF submissions by a delegate, the Delegator or Delegate should immediately contact askCOI at 314-747-4181 or email@example.com to correct the issue
- Failure to adhere to Delegator or Delegate responsibilities will result in removal of delegate access.
- Only directly authorized delegates will have access to a person’s COI disclosures
- Only individuals with an appointment at WU and access RMS via WUSTL Key can be a delegate